1. Commodity: Benzoic Acid 99.0%
1) white mercerized scaly or needle crystal, a slight odor of
benzoin or benzaldehyde, sublimation at about 100°C relative
density 1.316, boiling point 249.2°C, melting point 121.7°C.
2) Insoluble in water(0.34g/100ml, 25°C), soluble in boiling water
(4.55g/100ml, 90°C), ethanol, chloroform and ether as well as
non-volatile oil and volatile oil.
3) Industrial grade: White silky flakes or needle-shaped crystals.
4) Medical & Food grade: White crystalline powder.
5) It is benzin or benzoic aldehyde savor, soluble in ethanol and
slightly soluble in water.
Loss on dry
1) For food and pharmaceutical preservatives, anti-microbial agent;
plasticizer and organic synthesis of raw materials.
2) As intermediate for dyestuff, paint synthesis, steel antiseptic
and plastic intensifier.
3) As the preservative, mainly use in fruit juice, drug,
toothpaste, soft drink etc.
4) Also used in the manufacture of alkyd resins and drilling mud
additive for crude oil recovery applications.
5) Feed stock: used as intermediate for dyestuff, paint synthesis,
steel antiseptic and plastic intensifier.
6) Food preservative: used as preservative in food and drugs.
7) Medicinal:It can be used to treatment of fungal skin diseases.
8) Benzoic acid is usually used as raw material in the production
of pesticide, dye, medicine, perfume, mordant, plasticizer.
9) Modifying agent for polyamide resin and alkyd resins.
10) Rust inhibitor of steel equipment and so on.